If your student is behind in credits to meet graduation requirements, PHS is offering two free summer school programs. Students may enroll in one or both. Transportation and meals will be provided.
Program 1: Live classes taught by teachers
- June 7-10 – Monday – Thursday
- AM Session: 9:00-12:00pm
- PM Session: 1:00-4:00pm (Students may attend 1 or both sessions)
- Project-Based Learning/Fun/Hands-On Activities
- Classes Offered to Earn .5 credit:
- US and World History
- English 1-4
- Science (Physical, Biology, Integrated)
- Attendance for 4 days Mandatory
- Applications Due May 28 to Counseling Office
Program 2: Credit Retrieval Labs at P-Tech/Hawthorne
- June 14-July 1
- AM Session: 8:30-11:30am
- PM Session: 12:00-3:00pm (Students may attend 1 or both sessions)
- Classes offered on-line with Accellus or Odysseyware
- To stay enrolled and receive credits, students may have no more than two absences, excused or otherwise. More than two absences, continual tardies or discipline issues are grounds for being dismissed from summer school.
- Students must check in cell phones in the office.
- Applications Due June 10 to Counseling Office
Counselor Contact Information:
Karen Demianew, 9th (A-G) and 11th grade
Ron Murphy, 9th (H-O) and 12th grade
Greg Whitten, 9th (P-Z) and 10th grade
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION to fill out and return to the Counseling Office.