School to Careers Program
Share your knowledge and provide a student with real-world career training. Make a positive impact on students’ lives today and help to build Pendleton’s future workforce. Gain exposure and recognition in the community.
- Mentorships – Offer your expertise, support, and advice to a student who is interested in your field in a series of scheduled face-to-face meetings.
- Job Shadow – Provide students with a look at a “day in the life” of professionals employed by your company or organization.
- Internship – Host a students for a short term experience (8+ hours over several weeks) that gives a taste of the profession and involves some hands-on assignments.
- Service Learning Project – Involve students in a project that builds transferable skills while also filling a needs in our community.
- Work Site Tours – Offer a group of students a close-up look at the inner workings of your business or organization.
- Classroom Speaker/Guest Instructor – Bring a lesson, demonstration, or activity to school and share your expertise with students in a classroom setting.
How to get involved:
- Step 1: Send us your information on the online Interest Form. There is no commitment to provide any opportunities by submitting this information.
- Step 2: The School to Careers Coordinator will contact you to discuss opportunities that you may be able to provide for students and will guide you through any necessary paperwork.
- Step 3: Host a student, give a tour, and/or be a guest instructor.
- Step 4: Complete a short evaluation and give feedback.
Click here for answers to your FAQs
Check out a sample Work Site Learning Agreement
For more information contact: