The Pendleton School District assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or income as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related authorities, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Pendleton School District sponsored program or activity.
Business and Industry Partner Info
“I encourage businesses to get involved in the Schools to Career program and begin reaping the benefits of working with our local youth.”
Pendleton Chamber of Commerce
School to Careers Program
Share your knowledge and provide a student with real-world career training. Make a positive impact on students’ lives today and help to build Pendleton’s future workforce. Gain exposure and recognition in the community.
- Mentorships – Offer your expertise, support, and advice to a student who is interested in your field in a series of scheduled face-to-face meetings.
- Job Shadow – Provide students with a look at a “day in the life” of professionals employed by your company or organization.
- Internship – Host a students for a short term experience (8+ hours over several weeks) that gives a taste of the profession and involves some hands-on assignments.
- Service Learning Project – Involve students in a project that builds transferable skills while also filling a needs in our community.
- Work Site Tours – Offer a group of students a close-up look at the inner workings of your business or organization.
- Classroom Speaker/Guest Instructor – Bring a lesson, demonstration, or activity to school and share your expertise with students in a classroom setting.
How to get involved:
- Step 1: Send us your information on the online Interest Form. There is no commitment to provide any opportunities by submitting this information.
- Step 2: The School to Careers Coordinator will contact you to discuss opportunities that you may be able to provide for students and will guide you through any necessary paperwork.
- Step 3: Host a student, give a tour, and/or be a guest instructor.
- Step 4: Complete a short evaluation and give feedback.