Welcome to Pendleton High School Library/Media Center!
The Library Media Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 3:30PM.
- Card Catalog (external link)
- OSLIS – Oregon School Library Information System
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks. PHS LMC offers unlimited renewals as long as no other student has placed a reserve on that book; the student must bring the book to the LMC in order to renew it.
- A student may have five books checked out at a time. If a student has an overdue book, his/her borrowing privileges are suspended until the book is returned; renewed; or if lost, paid for.
- Books may be returned using the book return at the circulation desk or the one outside the LMC entrance.
- Lost books must be paid for. If a book is later found, the money will be refunded.
If a student needs to use the library during Teacher Access they must be requested by the librarian before Teacher Access begins. The library does close to observer school assemblies. Students will be directed accordingly for the event.
The library has 36 computers. Teachers that have reserved the library computers for their classes have first priority.
Magazines and Newspapers
We subscribe to The East Oregonian, and The Oregonian newspapers as well as several magazines. The CUJ and Pendleton Record are also available. Electronic magazine, newspaper indexing, and numerous other databases are available online via OSLIS on all networked computers at PHS.
Reference Materials and Reserves
Reference books and magazines are for library use only. Occasionally a particular reference book may be checked out overnight and returned before school the following day if arrangements are made with the librarian.
Often many students from different periods need access to the same resources. To be fair to all students, these books will be placed “on reserve” and will not be available for regular checkout. We will keep them on a cart or special shelf in the LMC. Occasionally, with special arrangements with the teacher and media specialist, a student may check out a reserve book overnight.
There is no charge for student copies made in the library media center.
Students are expected to work quietly, respecting the needs of others.