Announcements & Activities
We will be having a very important ASB meeting this Wednesday! We will be going over Buck Fest next week and Penny Wars and all of the other activities!
Jack and Jill Badminton signups during TA - this Wednesday!! Sign up with someone NOT from your grade for this awesome new tradition at PHS!
Blacklight Volleyball sign ups-Sign ups will begin on February 23rd at Warberg during TA. 6-8 players on each team. Cost is $3.00 per player—Blacklight volleyball will be March 1 at 6:30pm in Warberg Court\
There will be an FCCLA meeting Thursday in Rm. 107
Donkey Basketball will be Feb. 23rd (Thursday) at 7:00 pm. Come support FFA and have some fun watching your peers do some Donkey Basketball.
2nd Round of One Base this week will be moved to FRIDAY instead of Thursday!
Hearts in Motion is coming- Saturday February 25th doors open at 11:30 dancing begins at 12:45 at PHS Warberg Court.
Penny Wars begins Feb. 27 and goes until March 10. Start saving your change to help benefit Doernbecher’s Children’s Hospital.
Students interested in technology, mark your calendars for the IMESD Tech Expo on March 9, 2017, at EOU in La Grande.
For our Cancer Awareness Day last Friday – the results for class participation are: 4th Place – Juniors; 3rd place – Seniors; 2nd place Frosh and 1st place – Sophomores! Check your activity boards for Dress up days for Buck Fest which begins Next week and all of the spirit points you can earn!
- Activity: Greenhands are putting on a petting farm for PELC/Pre-School/Home Schooled students at the Round-Up Pavilion.
- Dress Up: Dynamic Duo
- Activity: Agriculture Career Day
- Dress Up: Hippies
- Activity: Staff Appreciation Breakfast (FFA is making Pancakes, Sausage, Eggs)
- Dress Up: Wacky Wednesday
- Activity: Degrees on the Wall Day
- Dress Up: Summer/Beach
- Activity: Greenhand Day
- Dress Up: Wear your FFA Gear
Congratulations Jon Jennings for his 2-Second place finishes at State Swimming!
Good Luck to our four wrestlers that are heading to State Wrestling this Friday!
It is time to register for spring sports, which begin on Monday, Feb. 27. Go online at pendletonar.rschooltoday.com. You must also have a physical completed within the last two years. These are required before you can try-out or start practices. Please don’t wait until the last minute.
Girls and boys Basketball will host Hermiston on 2/21/2017. Varsity boys at 5:45 and girls at 7:30pm. Theme is South Seas.
Girls Basketball will host Hood River on Thursday 2/23 JV at 5:15 and Varsity at 7:00pm and boys will travel to Hood River.
Upcoming College Visits:
- Blue Mountain Community Foundation, Tuesday February 21st at Teacher Access
- Perry Technical Institute, Wednesday February 22nd at Teacher Access
If you would like to meet with a school representative, sign up in ASPIRE
Attention Seniors-There will be a very important meeting on Feb. 21 with Mr. Greenough in the commons during TA. There is also a Scholarship Night on Feb. 21 at 7pm sponsored by ASPIRE in the commons- Parents and students welcome.
Local Scholarship season is starting!
Below is a list of local scholarships application available in ASPIRE or online on the ASPIRE website:
- OSAC Scholarship –March 1
- CHI St. Anthony Hospital Volunteer Services – March 1
- Old West Credit Union – March 3
- Blue Mountain Community Foundation – March 6
- Greenfield Peace Writing Scholarship – March 6
- Blue Mountain Community College Foundation – March 15
- Red & Gena Leonard Foundation Scholarship – March 15
- VFW Let’er Buck Post 922 (BMCC) – April 1
- Oregon Promise (early notification) – April 1
- Pendleton Foundation Trust – April 1
- Paul Gorham Memorial Scholarship (BMCC) – April 15
- Northeast Oregon Home Builders Association – April 15